The Simpson’s is a great television show and everyone knew that they would make it to the big screen sooner or later. Amy Biancolli the writer of the review I will be talking about said that the Simpson’s movie has it all, “adventure, romance, nudity and action”. Even though it seemed like a really long episode but it still shows old Homer grabbing at Bart’s neck and choking him. The Simpson’s television show has been around since I was born. I was always allowed to watch it and I have always enjoyed it. I knew as soon as the movie came out that I would go and see it. I thought it was pretty good and so did the reviewer.
The movie shows the best of every character in every way. I think that there is no other way to show the personality of the Simpson’s, rather than in a feature film. I mean Homer being the big stupid donut eater he is finds a way to screw all of Springfield by being stuck in a huge Dome, which is typical for him, and he has to find a way to save Springfield. But as that happens his family starts to drift away, making him realize how much he has gotten to like them.
I thought that Amy was right on with her review giving good details and quotes from the movie. Amy asks “what else can they do, they have one or two cameos; one or two slaps at political figures; one or two slaps at Disney; one or two meta-winks at itself and the audience and a cast of limber comic actors voicing one or ten characters.” The movie was good but not to the point where I’m like wow that was awesome I have to see it again. Each of the staring characters have their own little scene in the beginning of the movie which lets you know how each of there personality’s work.
Anybody who is a fan of the Simpson’s television show should go out and see this movie. At this point you will have to rent it but it is as good as on the big screen. All the actors who played the characters did one of their best jobs in years. This film was directed by David Silverman (no relation to me), and he did a great job. There were many surprises but I don’t want to ruin it for the viewers who might still go out and see it. The movie was starring the Simpson family of course but the one who stuck out the most was Homer with his bad decisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I thought the movie seemed like one really long episode, too! When I went, the theater was filled with true Simpsons fans--they laughed at everything!
Post a Comment